Tiger Butter (aka: Tiger Bark)

tiger butter bark
I came across a friends post who was visiting family here in NC that had shared a yummy picture of some sort of chocolaty fudgy looking peppermint bark stuff. After stalking the comments I find out its  "Tiger Butter" or as some call it "Tiger Bark". I set out to find an easy recipe (and one I had the ingredients handy for because being out in the country we have a good drive to the store) I find one that seems simple & call my dear mother in law to find that she has my "missing"  ingredient, Almond Bark. I shew the kids out of the kitchen, mostly because if they are in there I will most definitely scorch my chocolate! But also because sometimes mama just needs to relax & indulge! I decided to add my own twist to the original recipe by chopping up some mini recces cups & mini chocolate chips on top. You could go crazy here whatever you have on hand! Some ideas... M & M's, Snickers, Nuts, (or use crunchy PB) PB chips, Salt, etc. The list could go on & on. 

Melting the chocolate:
I do not have any special directions here except have patience, use a non heat conducting bowl, stir stir stir! Start at 30-45 secs or so and each time decrease the time. I personally can usually do 35 sec stir then 20 sec, stir stir then 8-10 sec. Give it a minute and really stir before microwaving additional time. Also make sure everything you use around it stays dry!!! Even a drop of water will cause it to seize up. (This is also why I recommend microwave over the double boiler method) 

My tray was ready/set after about 15 minutes in the fridge. The Almond Bark sets up pretty quickly when cold. I chopped mine into triangles and let my daughter break some too. Store in an airtight container. We kept ours in the fridge for the most part because we burn wood at night and it can get pretty hot in our kitchen. 



Tiger Butter Bark :
3 ingredients,So easy! 
  • 1 package (20-24 ounces) white almond bark
  • ½ cup peanut butter crunchy or smooth
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (Milk chocolate will work fine too)
Instructions:
  1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. Set aside
  2. In large mixing bowl, break up almond bark as best you can (or you can just toss the whole thing in). Place bowl in microwave for about one minute. Stir well. Microwave at 30-45 second intervals or shorter, stirring after each, until bark is melted and smooth.
  3. Stir in peanut butter until melted and well blended.
  4. Spread out onto waxed paper lined baking pan.
  5. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and microwave at 30-45 second intervals or shorter, stirring after each, until smooth and melted.
  6. Drop dollops of chocolate onto peanut butter mixture in pan. Swirl with a knife. **If desired add toppings now**
  7. Place baking sheet in refrigerator until hardened or allow to harden completely at room temp.
  8. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container. 

Subscribe

The Country Homemaker, Copyright 2017. Powered by Blogger.